Paint Thickness Gauge sets new standards; providing reliable and accurate paint thickness measurements; helping you to become more efficient.
The Elcometer 456T paint thickness gauge is available in three different models. Each paint thickness gauge provides the user with increasing functionality – Elcometer 456 Model T.
Integral paint thickness gauge are ideal for single handed operation as the wide footprint of the Bigfoot™ internal probe provides greater stability during paint thickness measurement – allowing for consistent, repeatable and accurate paint thickness results.
Separate paint thickness gauge models, with their wide range of probes, provide even greater paint thickness measurement flexibility.
Compatible with ElcoMaster software and ElcoMaster Mobile App, individual paint thickness measurements can be transferred via USB or Bluetooth to PC or a mobile device for analysis and instant report generation.
Halve inspection times using the Elcometer 456T Paint Thickness Gauge with Scan Probe
Featuring a highly durable probe cap, the Elcometer 456T Paint thickness Gauge Scan Probe is a revolutionary design which allows users to take individual paint thickness gauge readings or rapidly scan large surface areas – without damaging the probe or the coating.
When used in conjunction with the Elcometer 456T Paint Thickness Gauge Scan or Auto Repeat Mode, the Scan Probe enables users to significantly reduce paint thickness inspection times without affecting accuracy.With a reading rate of 140 readings per minute. Elcometer 456T Paint Thickness Gauge with Scan Probe allows you to inspect more coatings in less time.
Key features of the Elcometer 456 Coating Thickness Gauge include:
- Large buttons ideal for gloved hands
- Easy to use menus in multiple languages
- High contrast colour LCD with auto rotate
- High and low reading limit indicators
- Factory calibrated for immediate use
- Thickness measurement capability to ±1%
Can be used in accordance with National & International Standards
- Temperature stable measurements
- Increased reading resolution for thin coatings
- Measures accurately on smooth, rough, thin and curved surfaces
- Repeatable and reproducible
- 2 year gauge warranty
- Supplied with fully traceable test certificates
- Batch date and time stamp facility
- Sealed, heavy duty and impact resistant
- Dust and waterproof equivalent to IP64
- Scratch and solvent resistant display
- Durable gauge and probe construction
- Suitable for use in harsh environments
- Fast reading rate of 70+ per minute, 140+ per minute with Scan probe (reach us out if you like to add scan probe)
- Multiple calibration memories
- Alpha numeric batch identification
- User selectable calibration methods
- Compatible with ElcoMaster® and ElcoMaster® Mobile App
- Wide range of interchangeable probes
- USB and Bluetooth® data output to iPhone* or Android™ devices
- Stores up to 150,000 readings in 2,500 batches
- Measures up to 31mm (1220mils) of coating on metal substrates
The importance of Coating Thickness Gauge Calibration
Formal quality systems, such as those described in ISO 9001, require coating thickness gauges to be properly controlled, logged and calibrated. Increasingly, users are specifying that the readings taken by thickness gauges are traceable to National Standards.
In order to test the accuracy of a particular gauge it is important to have traceable paint thickness standards.
Get the best performance from the Elcometer 456 Coating Thickness Gauge and make the best use of the gauge’s ±1% accuracy by calibrating the coating thickness instrument to suit the application. This video will guide you through a range of calibration options for both the integral and the separate models.
*Compatible with IOS and Android smart phones.